Flushing Town Hall Visual Artist Members’ Exhibition: Welcome Back
All current Visual Artist members of Flushing Town Hall (at $50 level or above), are invited to show their work in this exhibition. Much of the art works are for sale and a portion of the proceeds benefits FTH’s Visual Arts programs. There are no restrictions in terms of color, style or content. We are excited to see many individual voices responding to this invitation!
Accepting hand-delivered artwork at Flushing Town Hall:
- Thursday, June 30, 12pm - 6pm
- Sunday, July 3, 10am - 1pm
Exhibition Dates: July 7 - July 30
Opening Reception: Thursday, July 7, from 5pm - 7pm – bring your friends!
Exhibition on view to the public:
- Thursday, July 7 (5pm - 7pm) through Saturday, July 30 (exhibit closes 5pm on final day)
- Open Daily from 12pm - 5pm
Salon Sunday: Sunday, July 17, from 2pm - 4pm
- Participating artists will be invited to discuss their work, talk about the exhibition, and network with other artists in the gallery. Refreshments will be served.
- RSVP HERE: https://form.jotform.com/221645910812149
Pick up of artwork (YOU MUST BRING YOUR OWN PACKING MATERIALS):
- Final exhibit day: Saturday, July 30 - you may take your work with you between 5pm - 6pm
- Sunday, July 31 from 1pm - 5pm
- Please select up to TWO works (preferably NEW) for the exhibition (in all fine art media other than film and video) which will be installed salon style in Flushing Town Hall’s Main gallery. Works must be delivered and picked up on the dates indicated above. All work must be original and created by the submitting artist.
- PLEASE NOTE THAT WE CANNOT ACCEPT FLOOR-INSTALLED 3-DIMENSIONAL WORKS AT THIS TIME. 3D WORKS MUST BE PROPERLY WALL MOUNTED AND BELOW 75 LBS.
- 2D works must be 40 inches and under in width including frame COMBINED for the two works.
- For framed works, the use of Plexiglas is strongly suggested. Hanging hardware must be attached to the back of submitted work.
- PLEASE NOTE *** Any work submitted without hanging hardware will be refused.
- Works which are inherently fragile or not suitable for exhibition will be rejected. While all reasonable care and precaution will be taken in handling, storage and installation of the works and photographs or slides submitted for this exhibition, Flushing Town Hall and its employees or representatives will not be responsible for loss or damage to any entry.
- All works must be ready for hanging and clearly labeled with the artist’s name, title, date, medium, dimensions, and price (if for sale) of the work.
- Complete the 2022 Visual Arts Members Submission Form by Tuesday June 28, 2022 (link here: https://forms.gle/MXXKnHZawCqMXVxm7). Please submit all of the required artwork information, insurance and sales details, as well as artwork images and artist resume/bio.
- Once we receive your submission we will send you a Loan Agreement Form, which MUST be filled out and submitted with the actual work at the time of drop off.
Sales and Insurance
- If the work is for sale, please state the retail (selling) price of the work.
- A commission of 25% of the retail price goes to Flushing Town Hall to support our visual arts programs.
If you have any questions, please contact Dan Bamba at: firstname.lastname@example.org
It is our great pleasure to work with each of you again and we are looking forward to a memorable exhibition!